Frank's BIG! BM 100% Grue Run 18/1690

Public logs of epic successes and hilarious failures

Re: Downstairs Frank's BIG! BM run(comments welcome)

Postby TheDownstairsFrank » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:22 pm

Well things didn't go like I planned, they seldom do I suppose.

Whitey's Grove Meat, 6 white lightning jars, wet stew, mullet wig( didn't get frilly skirt )

drank 4 white lightnings gained, 6,6,6, 10 adventures...(night cap one gave me 8)

Got my lucre, took 5 extra turns after getting torso awareness.... oh well.

Getting a key from the DD would be difficult today because of a stupid muscle test also opening the lime farming area... as it turned out I only had enough adventures to try and get liver...

Friars part one...

SR tarts ate gained 17 adventures.. (the rest of my fullness was jumbo lucifers)

Part one of the friars really sucked, I didn't find a ruby W, so instead of dealing with it later I continued to try and find the W imp guy, took 3 of them after I'd finished the zone. Uglyness. Fucking imps.

Liver quest- finished it with 1 fullness and 0 adventures left

Halfway to level 10 though, pride was a good idea I suppose. Tomorrow will be lime hunting, crypt, maybe killing knob king, unlocking the island, idk stuff. Probably not what I planned but oh well.
TheDownstairsFrank
Hog Master
Hog Master

Postby TheDownstairsFrank » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:53 am

Day 1(2)

Drank white lightning

Outskirts, barracks, key, laboratory, menagerie key

DD- later 0 locked doors today, oh well.

Junction- sonar, baseball, briefcase

Knob kitchen, Throne Room

Tavern Cellar ( Switched hellavator to floor 7) monocle

Cyrpt- Zombie zone, DGW, zone cleared

Menagerie started lime hunting.... I did 20 turns to get rid of my burrito and hella smooth buffs... 2 cherry pies + 2 SPKLPs(9,7,16, 15)

Tomorrow I'll start with a decent amount of turns because of "banking"

Drank tavern swill +6 adventures
TheDownstairsFrank
Hog Master
Hog Master

Postby TheDownstairsFrank » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:13 am

Forgot to take notes... :(

Finished lime hunting ( smoke cleared, 12 limes overall, 5 uses so far) got one cheese with the 3 burrito blessing turns I had left.

Cleared Cyrpt, Unlocked Island, hit level 10, unlocked Castle in the sky, got swashbuckling outfit( needed it for airship), 6 insults(I like to get 7 as a moxie class...), got mining outfit, got ore(actually did this when I got beaten up for the first time this run in the airship...)

I stopped with about 10 turns left because I'm in my semi rare range, so I'll need to eat a fortune cookie I suppose to get my next semi rare.

I'm over halfway to level 11, still need to open the manor if I'm going to powerlevel. Maybe I'll get lucky with a castle bounty, but with the revamp I'm not sure how easy it is to get the castle bounty anymore, :(
TheDownstairsFrank
Hog Master
Hog Master

Postby TheDownstairsFrank » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:05 pm

Day (1)4

Started with 58 adventures, 2,745 meat, halfway to level 11 and ~1 turn till SRR starts.

Ate fortune cookie, 27 turns till SR, I suppose I'll try and get to the top floor of the Castle to get an inhaler(I have a mohawk wig and plot sig pendant so I should be good right?) No non combat mods though(I haven't even found the manor yet lol...

Unlocked top floor, inhaler, opened up HitS

Goats, Extreme Peak, top of Mclarge huge, quest complete

started building bridge, drank 2 backwoods screwdrivers gained 14 adventures(better than what I normally drink)

killed the ghosts, tried for dress pants(no dice), forced to get the jar of oil, oil place for 12 then back to the manor again trying for dress pants no dice. I don't have 4 things of stench resistance, I only have 3(some potion from the castle worth two and a bum cheek), I'll have to wait to hit level 11 and get a can of black paint, luckily I'm only a couple hundred stat points away.

Meat is going to be hard to come by I think. I probably need to sell the wedding ring. I still haven't got the 3k meat from the bat hole entryway, I'll need to remember to do that at some point.
TheDownstairsFrank
Hog Master
Hog Master

Postby TheDownstairsFrank » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:38 pm

oh I'm done

1690 turns 18 days. I beat the old record by 23 days and it's the fastest grue BM run with any %

Nothing really special, I did have to back farm a plot hole and a chaos butterfly(stupid level 10 revamp) and farm two lower case Ns, but I had a ton of turns on day 18 so it didn't matter at all.
TheDownstairsFrank
Hog Master
Hog Master

Previous

Return to Ascension Records