Bad Moon Guide 2.0

Public gameplay guides and discussions

Re: Bad Moon Guide II

Postby Darzil » Mon May 28, 2012 2:48 am

salticid wrote:Day 2
10. Go back to knoll after meat car is built to get 2000 meat from the BM adventure (Note that this adventure will cause you to lose all MP and your mysticality will likely drop to 1 for 10 turns).

You go back after completing the make a meat car quest, not just after completing the meat car (either that or it took me 25 turns to get, rather than just the 5 after finishing the quest).

May be worth mentioning that getting the leprechaun gives you drunkenness, don't do it at 14 drunk !

Edit - The guide recommends using moxious manouver as a Moxie class to fight the Baron. Not sure how this works, as it isn't autohit, and the Baron scaled higher than I could hit with it! Though next run it was fine, I guess it'll depend on your Muscle compared to your Moxie.
Last edited by Darzil on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Random avatar
Darzil
Salty Swine
Salty Swine

Re: Bad Moon Guide 2.0

Postby TheDownstairsFrank » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:24 am

Yes you have to complete the quest by talking to the guy in the upper middle of the guild to unlock the BM adventure. Also it should be noted since the BM adventure and the untinker's screwdriver are both superlikelies it's best to get the screwdriver ASAP which means talking to the untinkerer before adventuring in the knoll....

The baron's moxie depends on your muscle. His muscle depends on your moxie. As a moxie class boost moxie as high as possible and debuff muscle as much as possible, use the highest powered clothes as possible and everything should be fine.

Holding off on him only increases the success rate and now since the tavern quest can be completed without messing with the baron it's probably for the best to hold off until you can afford to throw some de-leveling stuff at him, maybe acquire some healing things like casts from the level 6 friars quest?

For moxie classes with pick pocket 10% item drop accessory is not going to cost as many turns as needing to get the jump to survive is going to cost on day one.

Just some thoughts.
TheDownstairsFrank
Hog Master
Hog Master

Postby spontiff » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:19 am

I'm still unsure of the optimal way to start a BM run: you can either use your starting cash to eat 5 hell foods and then get pride, or eat fewer foods and get yourself a volleyball before turn one.
Which is better? (Depends on class, I'm sure)

How many BM foods would be optimal if you decide to go for fewer than five? You'll get better adventures from food you pick up on day 1, but probably not better stats. Is it realistic to expect to be farming for square grapes, or can you not possibly get that far into the Knob before the end of the day?
Random avatar
spontiff
Hotdog
Hotdog

Postby mstieler » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:14 am

spontiff wrote:I'm still unsure of the optimal way to start a BM run: you can either use your starting cash to eat 5 hell foods and then get pride, or eat fewer foods and get yourself a volleyball before turn one.

How many BM foods would be optimal if you decide to go for fewer than five? You'll get better adventures from food you pick up on day 1, but probably not better stats. Is it realistic to expect to be farming for square grapes, or can you not possibly get that far into the Knob before the end of the day?

Bunches of square grapes don't drop til you're level 11, so no, not really likely you'll be farming them on day 1 :D
mstieler
Hog Warrior
Hog Warrior

Postby spontiff » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:38 am

mstieler wrote:Bunches of square grapes don't drop til you're level 11, so no, not really likely you'll be farming them on day 1 :D

Ouch! And here was me thinking Very Mad Scientists might be the new fruit golem, but no :(
Random avatar
spontiff
Hotdog
Hotdog

Postby Darzil » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:20 am

Didn't read it looking at the guide, but I'm sure I've read it before. On an early day (ideally day one) I like to finish/overdrink with one turn in the Noob Cave, to get a 250 meat free (sell Terrarium), and to avoid hitting it with Teleportisis later.
Random avatar
Darzil
Salty Swine
Salty Swine

Postby TheDownstairsFrank » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Darzil wrote:Didn't read it looking at the guide, but I'm sure I've read it before. On an early day (ideally day one) I like to finish/overdrink with one turn in the Noob Cave, to get a 250 meat free (sell Terrarium), and to avoid hitting it with Teleportisis later.

I like to nightcap with the black cat BM n00b cave adventure around day 4 or 5 after liver, limes and early benchmarks are behind me. Another thing I try is drinking to 19 and trying to get the oracle with teleportis without hitting the n00b cave. This is of course before the final day of a run. If I get the oracle I don't need to worry about the n00b cave. It's a small risk but I'm pretty sure it's better to risk the n00b cave than to just get it on purpose.

One thing it does do is destroy the ability to get booze and fruits from the n00b cave... ( I do a lot of DB runs...)

~~~~~~~~

In other news

The new level 8 quest looks to me to be a set back. Less cheeses needed means less bottles of whiskey, and less glasses of goat milk for saucerors. It also means that one burrito blessing is should be more than enough to get the 4 cheeses.

The cold resistance is another thing that is probably going to suck. I'm sure black paint isn't enough now.
spottniff wrote:
I'm still unsure of the optimal way to start a BM run: you can either use your starting cash to eat 5 hell foods and then get pride, or eat fewer foods and get yourself a volleyball before turn one.

I recommend eating five hell foods from the get go for all classes. An arguement can be made against pastamancers since you'll probably want to go to the haunted kitchen for a shiny butterknife and a spice ghost and pick up some food along the way....

Eating less than five? I suppose one could eat four stat hell foods and get a volleyball before turn one along with pride, then with the remaining two fullness get a lunchbox or tarts. If the lunchbox splits wrong you could eat a fortune cookie with the final fullness and with tarts you'd get a good one fullness food for day two which is by far the worst day in BM as far as food goes.
TheDownstairsFrank
Hog Master
Hog Master

Postby TheDownstairsFrank » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Oh I guess I'm a couple months behind on this but obviously at this point with the way that PvP works now it's a neccesity to break one's hippy stone in BM.

Engaging in a PvP fight will take a turn off of unwanted effects. The fights can be rolled over up to 100 to start a day.

Being in a clan with max pvp fights in the rumplus room is a good idea.

Beware PvPing get rid of all buffed effects not just the unwanted ones.

Now what do we do with all those extra turns that we don't have to waste burning bad bad moon effect buffs now?
TheDownstairsFrank
Hog Master
Hog Master

Postby TheDownstairsFrank » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:12 pm

The new level 9 quest.... The quest in BM should be known as the level 9+ quest, it's unlocked at level 9 but it doesn't always mean that you'll want to try to complete it at that point.

You'll need +initiative, stench resistance stuff, cold and spooky resistant stuff, +ML stuff and of course +item stuff

Step one build a bridge to cross the chasm.

Step two light the fires on three peaks

Step three accept a +1 adventure a day reward or sell it for 10,000 less meat than the facsimile dictionary

Seems simple enough right? Maybe.

The bubbling crude zone:

Need to find +20 ML

A-boo peak? Need cold and spooky resistances and lots of HP and lots of item drop

Twin peaks
1. Item drop: monocle, towel, miner helmet, envy, knob eyedrops, etc.

2. Initiative: small round pebble, cheap wind up clock, lust, class specific skills, sk8tboard, fuzzy montera, make-shift skirt, worn tophat, angry farmer candy, hors d'oeuvre tray, 1-ball etc.

3. Stench resistance: harem girl hat, bum cheek, pants of slum lord, oil of parlay, poly juice potion, a-boo peek pants, titanium umbrella( level 10), palm fod cloak(11), can of black paint(11)

Now that the peaks are clear still need a lower case N from the chasm. My suggestion is to burn extra buffed turns from the F'cle and filthworms and hope that you see the guy... that or zap one from an extra letter if you get the zap wand...
TheDownstairsFrank
Hog Master
Hog Master

Dr. Jumbo Lucifers + shoring

Postby TheDownstairsFrank » Fri May 16, 2014 8:21 pm

1.5 years since my last post in this thing?

LOL

lots of things have changed but I suppose the biggest change that needs to be mentioned is the shore because it destroys a strategy that I've had since the first time I ever learned how to do a BM run.

Instead of eating 5 hell foods from the get go to get ~ 25 adventures and 150 main stat (nothing else)

What if you eat 13-14 jumbo lucifers? More turns that way about ~35 adventures instead of ~25, tons more MP but you don't get the 150 main stat. Or do you?

Let's consider those 10 extra turns carefully. With ten turns that we didn't have eating main stat hell foods is it possible to get 150 main stat? The answer is yes. Very easily.

If we do three main stat shore trips for 9 adventures and use the three shore scripts to buy 3 meat globes, then we get over 150 main stat plus we get 60 to each off stat as well plus we gain about 200 meat profit for every meat globe after the first one. Plus we have an adventure left over.

More stats main and off for shore/lucifers+ More MP, shit ton more MP + 1 more adventure to do whatever for spending a little bit of extra meat...

What is the downside? Getting 2500 meat to start doesn't matter as much anymore in Bad Moon, I suppose you get pride+envy on turn 0 and can put a volleyball in a terrarium from the get go as well and still have meat left over for healing.

bye bye hell foods... hello shore trippin'
TheDownstairsFrank
Hog Master
Hog Master

Postby nematocyst » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:33 pm

That food strategy does require having a meatcar, right? That's a downside since you don't just get that automatically.

I think the wiki is wrong. Can't seem to get "maid disservice" BM adventure. I haven't completed the road to the white citadel yet, perhaps that's the problem. But the wiki doesn't indicate any requirements any more.

Speaking of the white citadel, what's up with that in BM these days? It used to be a decent place because of the possibility of getting the hippy outfit, but the business hippy no longer is available. Is the -combat item at the end worth the 30 advs to get it?
Random avatar
nematocyst
Hotdog
Hotdog

Postby TheDownstairsFrank » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:47 am

nematocyst wrote:That food strategy does require having a meatcar, right? That's a downside since you don't just get that automatically.

yeah it does force one's hand a bit having to get it done ASAP but the meatcar is almost always worth getting, unless you're doing one of the more crazy 100% familiar Bad moon runs where you spend months or weeks shore leveling(after buying a bus pass for 5k and two meat globes for 1k).

Skipping the meatcar means skipping 2k meat from de grassi knoll, 5k meat from whitey's grove and spending 5k meat to buy a bus pass. That is a ~12,000 meat swing. Pretty massive.

I think the wiki is wrong. Can't seem to get "maid disservice" BM adventure. I haven't completed the road to the white citadel yet, perhaps that's the problem. But the wiki doesn't indicate any requirements any more.

Indeed. When zones get revamped BM adventures can get misplaced.... hidden temple, n00b cave(black cat was impossible to get / do 100% for a very short time), spooky raven (they all were gone when that rolled out), the Giant Castle in the Sky after turning the wheel? (That BM adventure is still "missing" and no one misses it enough to point it out to TPTB, me especially, not talking to the council to complete a quest until after unlocking HitS to save an adventure was very annoying)

So anyway, yeah. To get "Maid Disservice" I'm pretty sure that you have to complete the White Citadel Quest. I do recall very clearly getting "Maid Disservice" on the first turn in Whitey's Grove after the Citadel revamp even before unlocking the road, but I haven't had it happen since and once you find the road to the citadel you do have to actually finish finding it to get "Maid Disservice"

so anyway the wiki is wrong, finding the white citadel is trigger to unlock "maid disservice" now.

Speaking of the white citadel, what's up with that in BM these days? It used to be a decent place because of the possibility of getting the hippy outfit, but the business hippy no longer is available. Is the -combat item at the end worth the 30 advs to get it?

It's pretty dang good now? It used to decently suck because it was out of the way and the buisness hippy is still there but he's kinda out of the way( I always just brute force the witch's hut door which can sometimes be a pretty tuff fight....) since you have to fight random monsters to find the key to the witch's door instead of brute forcing it open...

White Citadel rewards currently are:
1. duonoculars are not only (-) combat, they're also +5 ML both of which are hard to get in BM and it does both
2. Glass of borbon is a small but awesome booze.
3. The witch drops a wand of pigification which can turn unwanted enemies(those about to kill you) into ham steaks(which are decent food at 3.0 adv/fullness)
4. The treasure chest room I can usually get 4k to 6k meat without spending a turn or only using a turn or two(who needs "Maid Disservice" ? Well I mean you'll go there for wet stew ingredients anyway....)
5. Lucky rabbit foot is +7% item drop / meat drop, which means that there's no reason to even bother fighting Baron Von Ratsworth till aftercore.

so yeah. I'd say Road Quest is worth it. Especially since the ballroom song is so freaking hard to find now, that's 5% non combat saves 30 adventures(not turns) in just the level 10 quest alone usually...
TheDownstairsFrank
Hog Master
Hog Master

Previous

Return to The Tome of Destiny